The Southwest Showcase Industry Professional of the Year Award recognizes an individual who has made an extraordinary personal or professional commitment that materially contributes to the advancement of the events industry. The industry has been significantly influenced by their contributions.
- The award is open to both event planners and suppliers to the industry.
- The nominee must be currently employed in the meetings industry and a member in good standing of at least one association affiliated with the meetings industry.
- The nominee must have been actively involved in the meetings industry for a minimum of 10 years.
- The nominee must have demonstrated exemplary leadership abilities through the years.
- The nominee has served as a role model for others.
- Candidates will be evaluated based soley on the information contained in the application, additional materials are not required and will not be considered.
- The final selection is based on merit.
- The contributions made by the nominee are documented.
How the entries will be evaluated.
The Southwest Showcase Board, composed of the President, President-Elect, and Immediate Past President of MPI THCC and IAEE-CTC, and the Southwest Showcase Steering Committee, composed of three members from each organization, will evaluate all entries. There is no requirement to be a member of either organization, the member of any event-related association is welcome and all will be considered equally.
Nominations open Saturday, August 1, 2020. Nominations must be submitted via a web form accessed from this page. The link for the form will become active on August 1. Persons may be nominated by anyone, and there is no fee to submit a nomination.
The award winner will be recognized at the 2021 Southwest Showcase Luncheon, acknowledgement on the IAEE and MPI websites for six months, and in a press release announcing their win.
Timeline for the 2021 award will be:
- Applications open: August 1, 2020
- Application cutoff date: January 15, 2021
- Notify winner: Early March
- Award given: Southwest Showcase 2021