Embracing a Complaint-Free World
12:15 – 1:30 pm
Executives, employees and staff deal with hundreds of complaints on a daily basis from both complaining customers and complaining coworkers. Complaining is an epidemic that is destroying our happiness, relationships, health, and success. The problem is that most people aren’t even aware when they complain. As Will Bowen says, “Complaining is like bad breath – you notice it when it comes out of someone else’s mouth, but not out of your own.” In a fast-paced and funny presentation you’ll learn:
- What’s wrong with complaining? (Complaining’s destructive effects on health, happiness, relationships, and career)
- What is (and isn’t) a complaint?
- The 5 reasons people complain (as remembered by the acronym G.R.I.P.E.)
- How to get other people (and ourselves) to stop complaining
- Positive leadership in a negative world
You’ll leave inspired, mindful of your own complaints, and motivated to approach complainers with new, simple and effective strategies.